A number of
saboteurs attacked on Tuesday, for the second time in fortnight, the 400 KV
Marib-Sana'a power transmission line in the northern province of Marib.
A source in
the Ministry of Electricity said that attack result in pausing the power
transmission from the gas-based power station in Marib to the national network
system.
The source
said that halting the power transmission would promote the electricity
blackouts period for houses and facilities linked to the national network.The
blackouts caused huge losses the ministry sustains for costs of fixing and
re-operation in addition to financial fines paid as compensations for the
executive company for the project, according to the source.He added
that the Public Electricity Corporation is working currently on counting
damages and providing the required equipment to fix the damages as soon as
possible.The first
attack was two weeks ago, on May 11 Monday, as destructive tribesmen attacked
power transmission lines in Marib, increasing the blackouts for more than three
hours a day.
A day later,
the Ministry of Electricity announced completing the fixing works of
Marib-Sana'a transmission line and re-operating the Marib station with a
capacity of 260 MW.
The
first stage of Marib Gas-Fired Power Station was launched at a capacity of 260
megawatts last year helping largely to resolving electrical problems in the
country