Attorney General says reports he joins uprising untrue
The Source: SANA'A/hadhramaut.info/sabanews.net - 21/03/2011
Home \
Local News
Yemen's Attorney General, Abdullah al Olufi, dismissed on Monday the reports he had joined the peaceful youth uprising outside Sana'a University.
In a statement to Saba, al Olufi said the Attorney General in a country must be an independent prosecutor without political affiliation and this comes with the independence of judiciary."My visit to the sit-in site outside Sana'a University on Sunday aimed to see the place where dozens had been killed and hundreds injured to investigate that. The visit was never for another purpose," he made clear.The National Defense Council formed a panel on Friday after dozens were killed and hundreds injured in the clashes that erupted between the protesters and the people living in the area.The panel members included the Attorney General.
|