H1N1 in continuous Yemen surge
The Source: www.sabanews.net - 16/12/2009
Home \
Local News
Yemen on Wednesday said that its total of the cases infected with the pandemic of swine flu, commonly known as H1N1, has climbed in the past two months, pointing major efforts are made to control and prevent it.
. Minister of Public Health and Population Abdul Karim Rasa'a said the
number of the infected was till Tuesday 5039 people across the republic So far, 25 deaths were reported from the flu, 1229 cases recovered and others are still receiving treatment, he said.Apart from the global concern, the outbreak of another disease was reported in a few cities, claiming lives and terrifying the people, particularly those in the western province of Taiz.Saying that it was not in favor of the government to not release information about the disease, the minister said 777 cases were found infected with the dengue fever.On control and prevention steps, Rasa'a said many campaigns have been conducted that sprayed thousands of homes in the target areas killing mosquitoes transmitting the disease.
|