Decision on German ban on Yemen flights in days to come
The Source: BERLIN,/hadhramaut.info/sabanews.net - 12/11/2010
Home \
Local News
Germany said on Friday a decision on the ban on all flights from Yemen to it which was imposed early this month is expected in the next few days German deputy minister of Foreign Affairs Wolf Ruthart Born said his country will decide to lift or keep the ban in days to come, as a German technical team is continuing its mission in Yemen familiarizing with air security measures and steps Yemen has taken after recent mail bombs.The remarks were given at the meting that gathered Yemen's ambassador to Germany Muhammad Lutf al Eryani and Born.Al Eryani praised the quick interaction of Germans with the Yemeni proposal for lifting the ban through sending the team to familiarize with safety measures at Sana'a International Airport.The meeting in Berlin dealt with the bilateral relationship and Germany's role within Friends of Yemen Group in supporting Yemen as well as the ban on passenger and cargo flights from Yemen to the European country.The ban came into effect after Germany had said a Yemen-originated suspicious package, coinciding with mail bombs intercepted while on their way to the U.S. last month, had passed through its western part.Yemen criticized the ban as a collective and illogical punishment, urging its friends to stand by it at a time when it is making major efforts to eliminate terrorism on its soil.
|