Yemen LNG pipeline was subject to sabotage attempt, says the company
The Source: SHABWA/hadhramaut.infor/sabanews.net - 13/09/2010
Home \
Local News
Yemen LNG Company said on Monday its 320km pipeline had been subject to an attempt of sabotage in Shabwa province, eastern Yemen, causing minor damages.
"At 7 am today, Yemen LNG pipeline has been subject to an attempt of sabotage in Shabwah, causing minor damages to the pipeline which will be repaired rapidly", Yemen LNG said in a press release posted on its website."There were no injuries and the pipeline remains in operation and LNG production continues uninterrupted, it added.The main pipeline connects the two gas processing facilities in the gas fields of block 18 in Marib province to the liquefaction facilities in Balhaf, Shabwa, around 400 km east of Aden province.The company pointed out that "emergency procedures have been activated to monitor and control the situation and security along the pipeline has been reinforced with Yemeni Government forces".On November 2008, Yemen launched the first phase of the US$ 4.5 billion Yemen LNG project with the gas arriving in the Yemen LNG Balhaf plant from the gas fields through the pipeline.The Yemen LNG shareholders are Total (39.62%), Hunt (17.22%), Yemen Gas Company (16.73%), SK Corporation (9.55%), Kogas (6.00%), Hyundai (5.88%) and the General Authority of Social Security and Pensions (5.00%).
|