Yemen launches second LNG production train
The Source: belhaf/ hadhramaut.info/sabanews.net - 05/06/2010
Home \
Local News
Prime Minister Ali Mujawar officially launched on Saturday the second production train of the Yemeni LNG Project in Balhaf, Shabwa He delivered a speech saying the project carried signs of an exceptional achievement because the project is already the largest in Yemen's history and demonstrated the good partnership between the government and international investors.The project represents this critical juncture when Yemen is struggling to boost its national economy and diversifying its resources, he said.The launch of the second LNG production train will boost Yemen's LNG exports to global markets and put the government and companies in a good trading position, he said. He underlined the efforts of the Ministry of Oil and Minerals to complete the train before the specified time and affirmed that the government is determined to root out terrorists and bandits who already affected development and investment activity.On the other hand, he praised the move of the Yemen LNG Company granting scholarships for students in Shabwa and Marib provinces.The LNG project in Shabwa in the southeast was launched in October last year. The first shipments were exported to S Korea and the U.S.Oil and Minerals Minister Amir al-Aidaroos has said that the $ 4.5 billion project is the largest economic project in Yemen, adding that the total production of the LNG project would reach 6.7 million tonnes per year.The Yemen LNG shareholders are Total (39.62%), Hunt (17.22%), Yemen Gas Company (16.73%), SK Corporation (9.55%), Kogas (6.00%), Hyundai (5.88%) and the General Authority of Social Security and Pensions (5.00%).
|