Yemen says 35 Qaeda suspects killed, dozens arrested
The Source: sana'a/ hadhramaut.info/sabanews.net - 03/05/2010
Home \
Local News
Security authorities in Yemen revealed on Sunday that more than 35 al-Qaeda operatives had been killed and dozens arrested in preemptive terror operations in the last period, the September website reported.
The deaths and arrests took place in the provinces of Sana'a, Hodeida, Shabwa and Abyan. Among the killed were dangerous and most wanted terrorist leaders.A source at the Interior Ministry also said that the security apparatuses could parallelize the tactics of al-Qaeda in the country before attacking vital targets.In late 2009 and early this year, Yemen carried out successful terror operations in Sana'a, Abyan and Shabwa in which scores of terrorist suspects were killed, injured and arrested.The operations came within an intensified campaign against the organization across the country amid fears of growing terror threats.
|