GCC-UK fourth meeting renew support to Yemen
The Source: KUWAIT\Hadhramaut\Saba - Thursday -16/Oct./2014
Home \
Local News
The foreign ministers of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC)'s States and UK have renewed their full support to the efforts of President Abdo Rabu Mansour Hadi towards the completion of the transitional phase in accordance with the Gulf initiative and its executive mechanisms. This came at the conclusion of the Fourth GCC-UK Ministerial Meeting for Strategic Dialogue held in the State of Kuwait on 14 October, 2014.
The meeting's statement asserted that all political forces have to obligate to the implementation of the National Dialogue Conference(NDC)s' outputs in order to complete carrying out the Gulf initiative as well as drafting a new constitution.
They also expressed their deep concern and strong condemnation of the terrorist attacks taken place in Sana'a and Hadramout last week, calling Houthi elements to withdraw from Sana'a and the other provinces as well, according to the peace agreement signed among the Yemeni parties.
On other hand , the UK's Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond has said, during a meeting gathered him with Secretary General of the GCC Abdullatif Al-Zayani and Foreign Minister of Kuwait Sheikh Sabah Al-Khalid Al-Hamad Al-Sabah, that the GCC_UK meeting addressed the current situation in Yemen as a threat of settlement and peace in the Arabian Peninsula .
"A better future can only be achieved in a unified Yemen and under the leadership of President Hadi," the UK official said, urging all countries in the region to provide strong support for the President in order to stabilize the country and the region around.
|